I've compiled a short list of ideas you can use to stay connected to your partner during this period of physical distancing. It's important to keep the romance alive! We're lucky to have so may options for doing so with technology.
- Have a Zoom brunch date
- Pick a time that you'd normally have brunch, and prepare a nice meal for yourself: eggs-benny, toast, tater tots, whatever your heart desires. You can even include a mimosa or two since you won't be driving afterwards! Tell your partner to do the same thing, then set up a Zoom video chat and eat brunch together, like if you were on a real date.
- Choose a fun movie you both enjoy, and watch it simultaneously with Netflix Party. You can chat while the movie is streaming!
- You could use Google docs for this, and that way you and your partner can both add to the list as ideas pop up!
- This is a little less "realistic" at the time being, as no one really knows when the restrictions will be lifted and it will be safe to travel again, but it's nice to dream! I'd love to go to a resort with Mikey in Florida, and it's fun to browse hotels online. We definitely won't be booking anything for a while however!
- This is always fun... it's a good way to ease the stress from physical distancing with a little laughter!